Welcome to the brand-new Travel Post Monthly website.
May 2020 finds most of us “sheltering in place” rather than globe-trotting. While you wait out COVID-19, try a bit of armchair travel to some intriguing water worlds around the globe. While we can’t go anywhere right now, we can plan for our next adventure.
May features four writers new to the travel genre and to TPM. Their stories were submitted for our Water Worlds edition in April 2020. I didn’t have room to include them in that issue but felt their stories should be shared. Please enjoy Water Worlds II.
Cynthia Lamberty takes us to the Amalfi Coast of Italy. She shares outstanding views, history, and lemons. This is Cynthia’s first TPM story.
Historian Gary James takes us to the Dead Sea and a Mountain of Ghosts. Gary is a new travel writer, and new to TPM.
Orsolya Harrach takes us whale watching to Australia. Harrach has traveled the globe for over 40-years.
Tamatha Hazen takes us to the wet and verdant Pacific Northwest. College student Tammy is new to travel writing.
Learn more about each author at the end of their stories.
FINAL CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – Multi-Gen Travel
Travel Post Monthly’s June 2020 issue will feature stories and photos of interest to co-travelers of varying ages.
Point of View – Reviews – How 2s – First-person – Listicles – Product review.
Topics – Destinations – Planning – Budgeting – Packing – Lodging – Meals – Activities – Camping – Entertainment – Outdoor activities – Cruises – Tours – Theme Parks.
Why is insert subject ideal for multi-gen vacations? Show the traveler places and experiences where a group of all ages and interests will find things to enjoy with people their own age or as mixed generations.
Why should a multi-gen group go there? What would you suggest for ESP (eat, sleep, play)? What did you learn from the locals? What shouldn’t be missed? How do we get there? Write a story that entices the reader to book a flight and pack a bag.
The deadline is May 15, 2020. We are looking for 500—800 words. Photos are a big +, include your best shots.
Read TPM’s 2020 Submission Guides for specifics on how to submit your story and photos. ITWPA membership isn’t required, but members are given priority. Many writers get their first bylines with Travel Post Monthly, will yours be next? ~TPM
Till next month,
Mary Charlebois, Editor
Travel Post Monthly
This Month …
- Exploring the Amalfi Coast – The Amalfi Coast is a stretch of coastline on the northern coast of the Salerno Gulf on the Tyrrhenian Sea, located in the Province of Salerno of southern Italy. What does that mean? For most of us, it means the front of the ankle on the Italian boot.
- Masada: The Mountain of Ghosts – Masada sits on the western edge of the Dead Sea, between its northern basin and its southern basin. Over the surface of the Dead Sea, it’s easy to see the wastelands and rocky terraces of the Wadi Desert.
- North Stradbroke Island, A Whale Watching Place – Australia is not only the territory of koalas and kangaroos. When on the east coast, why not take a look at the whales?
- Take me Away—Three days on the Olympic Peninsula – The Pacific Northwest is a fantastic destination offering the perfect combination of city life and stunning scenery.
- Editor’s Choice – May 2020 – Mary Charlebois.