If you’re starting to think about what to get for your favorite traveler, writer, or photographer this winter (even if that person is you!), here’s my top-20 traveler gift list for 2015:
What’s on your traveler gift list? Leave a comment at the bottom of this post, so that we can share ideas.
- New Camera! (see this post from last week: Best camera gear to buy on Black Friday.)
- A Fast Lens (again, see this post from last week)
- Push Pin Travel Map – to document all the places you’ll go.
- Travel Jewelry Roll-Up Bag – love these soft jewelry wraps. Fits right in your toiletries case.
- Carry-on Cocktail Kit – this is great for in-plane cocktails that are actually GOOD.
- SHOLDIT Infinity Scarf with a Hidden Pocket – to fashionably stash your goods when you’re on the go.
- Sling Camera Strap – Bonnie shoots with one of these and loves it. Takes some of the weight off you neck and makes shooting a cinch.
- Infrared Remote Trigger – so you can take self-portraits or get in your own group photos. (Make sure you get one that works with your camera as they’re usually brand specific – what works on Nikon won’t work on Canon, for example).
- This Little Guy. I’m thinking about getting him before our Africa trip.
- An Instant Camera – I’ll let Bonnie tell you which is her favorite tomorrow.
- Cork Globe.
- Continent Pillows – for constant travel inspiration.
- Travel Cord and Gear Organizer.
- Love my Kindle Paperwhite for reading in the dark or, alternatively, in bright direct sunlight.
- Water Bottle with Built-in Filter.
- Lay-n-Go Cosmetic Case.
- Bandi Pocket Belt – another fashionable way to stash your stuff.
- Selfie Stick – I know. But they’re fun!
- Chipolo Item Finder – for lost keys and cell phones.
- Scratch off Travel Map – to track your progress around the globe.
BONUS – Stocking Stuffer Ideas:
- Travel Soap.
- Collapsible Water Bottle.
- Folding Toothbrush.
- First-aid kit that attaches to your camera bag.
- RFID theft-blocking credit card and passport sleeves.
With Black Friday sales coming up, now’s also a good time to stock up on:
- Extra camera batteries
- Memory cards (read this as not all memory cards are created equal)
- A tripod (read this buying guide)